Today, my knees actually went weak. I don't know whether it was because I was possibly a little dehydrated, or because I was flustered from talking to my sempai and trying not to blather too incoherently, or because I was a little tired of my shameful lack of resolve for my current assignments and the associated guilt. Perhaps it was a combination of all of those things. In any case, as I walked down the library stairs I realised that my legs were shaking and alarmingly unsteady. Although it wasn't anything serious, it took a minute or so before I felt alright again. What on earth?
This is the first time that it has ever happened to me. I thought it only happened in old poems or to Regency heroines, when they were overcome by love. :/
Ah, the excitement of my life! ^^; I had better get back to my assignment... I'm learning about pets in ancient Greece and Rome. :)
I've been confused about what I should actually write in letters to seito ever since I wrote my first letter. Tomomin apparently doesn't mind the masses of irrelevant things I write to her (hopefully...), but I always worry when I post letters that I'll accidentally mess up my Japanese and write something that might be taken as an offence. ._.; So are there any unwritten 'rules' for writing letters? I remember reading a post about this sort of thing some time ago, and everyone seemed to have different opinions.
Also, how do you write to younger actresses? I'd really like to send a letter to Ouji Kaoru, wishing her good luck for her first performance in Snow Troupe, but I feel a bit foolish writing to her when I've never seen her perform. ^^; I just thought that she looked sweet when I first saw her photo, and I liked her self-introduction in the May issue of Graph, because it was pretty unique and reminded me of a tanka I read. Is that enough to write her a letter?
Basically, I'd appreciate any input in the matter of letter-writing. :)
On a completely different note, while translating My Dear New Orleans, I came across some excellent background acting from (I think?) Sayaka Shion and Yuuka Riko. I'm not sure why, but it made me laugh. XD
Today was not too bad!
- wore my new butterfly headband.
- went to the post office and bought an OzCall card, so that I can call a certain someone currently in Japan. <3
- realised that I had nearly run out of pretty stationery. Since I wanted to send a letter to Tomomin as quickly as possible, I made my own stationery by drawing lots of stars and rainbows on ordinary paper and colouring them, then doing the same on an envelope. Surprisingly, they don't look too bad!
- bought some cute Japanese stationery on eBay, so that I don't have to make my own in future. XD;
- went out for dinner with family, which was nice. :)